Case study: Passenger
Building purpose-driven presence for tech PR in the transport sector
Passenger Technology Group is a UK based public transport app provider, delivering mobile apps, website and voice platforms for operators, authorities and cities.
The company helps large and small transport operators with their digital transformation through a suite of digital services, including mobile ticketing, journey planning, timetabling and real-time journey tracking.
Passenger Technology Group appointed LLPR in 2020 to help launch its new, affordable digital product for smaller transport operators, myTrip.
Following a successful consumer and B2B launch, LLPR’s remit was increased, to create success for the following objectives:
- be the preferred choice as a leading transport-tech provider
- enhance its reputation as a marketing-leading transport solutions provider
- build and share awareness amongst consumers to increase app downloads and ticket sales
- support and promote wider transport initiatives to further brand reputation
During our work with Passenger Technology, the company grew to become the UK’s top-rated transport app provider.
We implemented a holistic strategy which explored multiple PR strands, from corporate profiling and speaker opportunities, awards, social media support, and client partnerships. The company’s sustainable and purpose-driven angle became a strong news angle for us to drive consumer adoption.
- 94 pieces of coverage achieved in 2021 across national trade and regional titles
- 1.5m reach
- 465 brand mentions
- 29 backlinks to Passenger’s website
- Average 96% of coverage featured key messages
- Average 85% of coverage included quotes from Passenger spokespeople
- 100% positive sentiment
- Secured 10 interview and speaker opportunities for Passenger spokespeople including:
- DfT linked, Smartex TCF20 Virtual Conference
- TribeTech podcast
- Evolve To Succeed podcast
- Connecting The Southwest roundtable
- BCP Business Festival
- Helped Passenger get shortlisted for four awards in 2021 through developing highly engaging entries, with a gold win secured for myTrip at the UK App Awards and Passenger named a winner within the ‘Dorset Cluster’ at the Tech South West Awards
- Helped Passenger take myTrip to the next level by driving total ticket revenues of over £600,000, signing up over 50 operators and over 50,000 monthly active users in just 12 months