I’ve scanned the latest news and updates in the social media world and here are the most important changes I’ve come across this week:
Successful social media campaign: When Coffee met Baileys
- Baileys is launching a soap opera on Instagram’s new video carousel to promote its new ‘When Coffee met Baileys’ campaign.
- Playing out over the next two weeks, the liqueur company will be sharing an eight-part soap style series in the UK only.
- Video carousels are essentially a sequence of connected videos that tell a story.
- Head to @baileysofficial on Instagram to see the drama unfold.
In other social media news…
Twitter’s special emojis for the EU Referendum
- Twitter is collaborating with The Electoral Commission to create a neon tick emoji to encourage people to register to vote in the EU Referendum.
- The icon will appear automatically when people use the hashtag #EURefReady.
- A new emoji will be revealed once the cut-off point to register has been passed and a ballot box will appear in tweets with the hashtag #EURef.
Facebook uploads videos into comments and replies
- Users can now upload videos into comments and replies on posts and status updates.
- The new camera icon next to the comment section shows how to do this.
Snapchat is getting more popular by the day
- A new report this week has revealed that people are now spending more time on Snapchat than Instagram.
- Snapchat now sits above WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Instagram, lagging only behind Facebook itself.