Photo credit: BBC
Successful social media: Paralympic Games
- The Paralympic Games continue to rule the social sphere – the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) has now partnered with Snapchat to bring Rio coverage.
- Snaps submitted by fans, athletes and other exclusive shots will be made into a short video to be showcased to Snapchatters across the globe.
- Snapchat users will be able to add to the Live Story.
In other social media news…
Twitter’s character length
- From next week onwards Twitter is introducing a major change – media attachments will no longer count towards character count.
- Media attachments include images, videos, polls and quoted tweets – these will no longer be included in the count which is brilliant news for marketers and social media companies, as well as members of the public who struggle with the limited count.
What is Nextdoor?
- The popular US social network has now arrived in the UK, it’s an app which aims to bring neighbours closer together.
- The app encourages social interaction between neighbours. It enables users to find out what’s going on in a given neighbourhood – crime in the area, safety tips, finding a babysitter and planning local events.
- Find out more: https://nextdoor.co.uk/