Photo credit: Metro
Successful social media: Paralympic Games
- Users can now add temporary profile pictures on Facebook to support their country’s team.
- The official Paralympic Games Facebook page features daily 360-degree videos from Rio.
- Athletes can share their experience live with fans in the Instagram photo booth in the heart of the Paralympic Village and also use the Facebook Live station.
In other social media news…
LinkedIn now offers conversion tracking
- One month ago LinkedIn announced its sale to Microsoft and is now boosting its offering to advertisers with conversion tracking capabilities.
- This will help brands better understand ROI from sponsored content and campaigns.
- Businesses will be able to track leads, sign-ups, content downloads and purchases.
Twitter adds read receipts to Direct Messages
- A new feature has been added to Twitter’s direct messaging platform, following in the footsteps of Facebook and WhatsApp.
- ‘Read Receipts’ has been introduced to Direct Messages and the time is shown alongside a tick when the recipient has opened and seen the message.
- This is now turned on by default but you can change this in settings.
Social media and memory
- A new study published in ‘Memory’ reveals that posting on social media helps to improve your memory.
- The more you post online, the more you’ll remember, the study shows.