After raising nearly £30,000 in one day, the on-air part of the annual Wave 105 Cash for Kids auction is now closed but there’s still time to bid online.
Many auction prizes, most of which are under £250, are still available on the Wave 105 website.
Online auction items include:
- Signed photo of Kasabian
- A signed Calvin Harris ’18 Months’ CD
- Two night break in Gloucestershire for a family of up to six at St Briavels Castle
- A night’s stay for a family at Treyarnon Bay, Cornwall
- A Night’s Stay at Chilgrove Farm in the beautiful South Downs National Park near Chichester
- 3 month fitness membership to Gosport Leisure Centre
Wave 105 Cash for Kids charity manager, Gloria Hill, says: “We had a fantastic day and we couldn’t have raised that amount of money without the generosity of those who donated the auction items and those who bid on them.
During the on-air auction celebrity guests dropped into the Wave 105 studios to show their support. Chris Jarvis from CBeebies came to say hello while listeners bid on special meet and greet tickets for his performance in Aladdin and X Factor’s Tom Mann donated a private gig to the prize lot.
Gloria adds: “There’s still time to snap up an exciting prize on our website before the online bidding closes at 8pm on Thursday October 17. All the money raised will help organisations and individuals within the Wave 105 region.”
For further information or to place a bid on one of the remaining auction items visit the Wave 105 website: www.wave105.com/onlineauction