Successful Social Media
- Ed Sheeran has returned. Following a short promoted campaign on Twitter, two new singles were released at 5am this morning.
- Following the launch, Snapchat have released a filter that superimposes some flashy blue sunglasses on the user and plays a teaser of his ‘Shape of You’ single.
- After a year-long hiatus (and purposefully avoiding Christmas sales) Ed has leveraged the different options available to really integrate with his fan base.
In other social media news…
The Pinterest 100
- Pinterest have launched their list of 2017’s top emerging trends, based on data from its 150 million users.
- Hot new trends include snowy holidays, bell sleeves, and something called a jackfruit.
- The report is separated into 10 categories: food and drink, home décor, women’s style, hair and beauty, men’s style, travel, wellness, kids and parents, hobbies and interests, and events.
Are Snapchat misleading investors?
- Snapchat have come under fire following a lawsuit from a former employee claiming that the platform is misleading their investors about the levels of growth that they are experiencing.
- The exact metrics being questioned are currently unknown as they are redacted from the legal documents.
- A spokesperson from Snap Inc. has said that the claim has ‘no merit’ and is ‘totally made up’.
Image courtesy of BBC iPlayer