Our friends at The Lighthouse, Poole, have launched a new Patron Scheme.
As a charity, The Lighthouse needs to secure funding from as many sources as possible. This not only supports the high quality shows that it brings to its audiences but enables the charity to invest in the venue, create more work in-house and nurture the talent of tomorrow.
The Lighthouse has three new patron packages available: ‘Support, ‘Inspire’ and ‘Create’. You can read more about them here – please help investment in arts and culture in our area, it keeps us creative!
Here are some examples of how donations from Patrons are spent:
• £50 pays for a post-show talk
• £1,500 helps The Lighthouse place a resident artist in one local school for a week
• £2,000 pays for an audio describer or cautioner to make a show more accessible
• £5,000 supports the cost of an intern or apprentice for a year
• £10,000 provides costumes for The Lighthouse ‘in-house produced’ pantomime
• £15,000 supports the commissioning of a new show
• £57,000 supports over 2,500 subsidised schools tickets each year
• £4m supports the running costs of the venue
Until June 2014 The Lighthouse is able to double any donations given thanks to support from the Arts Council ‘Catalyst’ match funding scheme. The charity cam also claim Gift Aid, further increasing the value of donation by 25% per cent.
Contact The Lighthouse via: email@example.com