Successful Social Media
- #joinin returns this Christmas for those spending the festive season alone for one reason or another.
- The hashtag was started by comedian Sarah Millican in 2010 as she wasn’t a fan of the thought that some people are alone around this time of year. She found social media, despite some flaws, was a nice place to be when you’re looking for company.
- “By using the hashtag #joinin, you can join a community made up of those alone, those not alone but lonely (I know that’s a thing because it was in a Bon Jovi song once – and I used to work in an office), those who wish they were alone (who often tweet the horrors of being with other people to make the lonely ones feel better, adorable) and me.” – Sarah Millican
In other social media news…
- Burger King are doing their bit during the season of giving and encouraging customers to donate their unwanted gifts in exchange for a Whopper.
- The first 500 customers with unwanted gifts arriving at the Leicester Square restaurant on Boxing Day will be able to make their donations, and if the gift is more than, or equal to, the value of a Whopper they’ll get their free burger!
- Fans have been able to get involved online tweeting their naff gifts to #WhopperExchange with a lucky few receiving gift cards.
Run Mario, Run
- Nintendo have released their latest title into the world of mobile gaming. Superior Mario Run broke Apple’s record for the fastest-downloaded app.
- 40 million were downloaded in the first four days, which even beats Pokemon Go (taking 19 days to hit 90 million downloads).
- Despite the early success, players are complaining about the cost and the use of data. Although a free trial is available, the full price version won’t allow you to play offline.
Image from Standard Issue