Successful Social Media
- In preparation for what they presumed would be their busiest night of the year, Dominos pushed their #ValenDineIn promotion across Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook and Spotify.
- They even got involved in the ‘dough-mantic’ occasion by offering a 22-carat gold pizza engagement ring, decorated with pepperoni-shaped diamonds. It even comes in its own tiny pizza box.
- Although it could potentially be classed as unsuccessful social media, as the traffic was too much for the website and it went down for about 30 minutes leaving lovebirds hungry.
In other social media news…
- ICYMI last weekend was the GRAMMYs, over the course of the ceremony Twitter saw a total of 17.3m tweets.
- The ceremony had its highest viewing figures since 2014, initial Nielsen figures show that it was watched by 24.9m people.
- Highlights included Beyonce’s performance, Adele winning record of the year and her George Michael tribute, and of course, Rhianna’s hip flask.
Tinder plans to add video
- Everyone’s favourite dating app has announced that it plans to buy social video startup Wheel, originally launched in 2015 as Ferris.
- Various members of the Wheel team are joining the Tinder team in a move that it set to add something new for people to swipe right on.
- Tinder is still a bit of a favourite with some brands, the new series of E4’s Celebs Go Dating has been using celeb messenger bots to highlight when the show is on.
And in other news…
- It’s #RandomActsofKindnessDay so it’s competitions galore on Twitter today…
Image courtesy of The Drum