Following the launch of the 2014 Dorset Business Awards, in association with the Daily Echo and Dorset Echo, on Wednesday June 18, the search for the brightest and best businesses in the region will begin on Monday June 23.
Celebrating two decades of the Dorset Business Awards, more than 130 of the county’s business leaders gathered at Parley Manor, Christchurch, to celebrate the launch and mark the 20th anniversary of the business awards competition which will be bigger and better than ever before.
With the 20th Dorset Business Awards boasting new award categories and sponsors plus the return of the Awards Gala Dinner to a bigger venue, the Bournemouth International Centre, 2014 looks set to be a year for celebrating the breadth of success, enterprise and diversity of Dorset’s business community.
Organised by the Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry and also backed by one of the South’s leading radio stations, Wave 105, there are 10 awards open for entry this year, including three new categories: Business Growth Award, backed by new sponsor Advanced Exchequer, Dorset Export Award, sponsored by Atlas Elektronik UK, last year’s winner of the Company of the Year Award, and the Excellence in Innovation Award, sponsored by Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Liz Lean PR. The Dorset Business Awards also welcomes Santander to the sponsor line-up as co-sponsor of the Company of the Year Award.
The 2014 categories are:
- Business Engagement with the Community Award, sponsored by J.P. Morgan
- Business Growth Award, sponsored by Advanced Exchequer – new award category and sponsor
- Dorset Export Award, sponsored by Atlas Elektronik UK – new award category and sponsor
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award, sponsored by Bournemouth University
- Excellence in Innovation Award, sponsored by Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Liz Lean PR – new award category
- Hays Employee of the Year Award
- Lester Aldridge and Santander Company of the Year Award – new award co-sponsor
- Princecroft Willis Family Business Award
- Retail Experience Award, sponsored by the Dolphin Shopping Centre
- Nuffield Health Excellent in Customer Service Award
Ian Girling, chief executive of Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry, says: “Since its inception 20 years ago, the Dorset Business Awards has become established as a hallmark of success and enterprise as well as an important celebration of the region’s skills, achievements and innovations in business. These Awards are the only programme of its kind in the county, assessing the talent of blue chip companies alongside SMEs, regardless of size or sector, and we encourage all firms to give entering a go and help celebrate 20 years of the Dorset Business Awards.”
The awards are free to enter and entrants can submit an entry via www.dorsetbusinessawards.co.uk, sponsored by RT Brand Communications, or print off an entry form and submit a paper-based entry by Friday September 12. The Awards campaign will culminate in a prestigious gala dinner ceremony on Thursday November 27 at the Bournemouth International Centre.
Companies interested in finding out more about the 2014 Awards should visit www.dorsetbusinessawards.co.uk or contact Shirley Ewart on 01202 714812.