Dorset companies have until Friday September 12 to submit their applications for the 20th annual Dorset Business Awards, in association with the Daily Echo and Dorset Echo.
Scores of companies have already signed up to compete across all 10 categories of the Awards which are organised by the Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry. After the closing date, a rigorous judging process will select a shortlist of finalists and the ultimate winners will be unveiled in front of a packed house of 700 people at the Bournemouth International Centre on Thursday November 27.
Entries are being accepted for the following categories:
• Business Engagement with the Community Award, sponsored by J.P. Morgan
• Business Growth Award, sponsored by Advanced Exchequer – new award category and sponsor
• Dorset Export Award, sponsored by Atlas Elektronik UK – new award category and sponsor
• Entrepreneur of the Year Award, sponsored by Bournemouth University
• Excellence in Innovation Award, sponsored by Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Liz Lean PR – new award category
• Hays Employee of the Year Award
• Lester Aldridge and Santander Company of the Year Award – new award co-sponsor
• Nuffield Health Excellence in Customer Service Award
• Princecroft Willis Family Business Award
• Retail Experience Award, sponsored by the Dolphin Shopping Centre
Ian Girling, chief executive of the Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry, says: “There is a real opportunity here for local businesses to profile their success and achievements. We know that many businesses in the region are flourishing and we want to ensure they are receiving the recognition they deserve.
“There are categories that cater for businesses of all sizes and sectors and the organisers and sponsors of the Awards encourage all to come forward and be acknowledged. Entering is free and winning is priceless!”
The Awards are also backed by the south’s leading radio station Wave 105 and are free to enter. Entrants can submit an entry via www.dorsetbusinessawards.co.uk or print off an entry form and submit a paper-based entry. Entrants do not need to be a member of Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Tickets purchased for the black tie Awards Gala Dinner before October 1 cost £75 + VAT (Chamber members), £85 + VAT (non-Chamber members) or £700 + Vat for a table of 10 (Chamber members) or £800 + VAT (non-Chamber members). From October 2, tickets cost £85 + VAT (Chamber members), £95 + VAT (non-Chamber members) or £800 + Vat for a table of 10 (Chamber members) or £900 + VAT (non-Chamber members). To book places please call Shirley Ewart on 01202 714812.