Dorset businesses large and small are being urged to get their entries in for this year’s Dorset Business Awards (DBA), in association with the Daily Echo and Dorset Echo, before submissions close at midnight on Sunday September 11.
Businesses of all sizes, which are based in Dorset with a BH or DT postcode, can enter one or more of the 11 categories:
1. Business Engagement with the Community Award, sponsored by J.P. Morgan
2. Creative and Digital Impact Award, sponsored by Liz Lean PR and The Arts University Bournemouth (AUB)
3. Emerging Business Award, sponsored by The Training Room
4. Entrepreneur of the Year Award, sponsored by Bournemouth University
5. PKF Francis Clark Family Business Award
6. Lester Aldridge and Santander Company of the Year Award
7. Nuffield Health Excellence in Customer Service Award
8. Retail Experience Award, sponsored by the Dolphin Shopping Centre
9. Team of the Year Award, sponsored by TeamJobs
10. UK Health Insurance Investing in Dorset Award
11. VoIP Unlimited Business Engagement with Education Award
From gaining invaluable media attention and increasing business profile to acknowledging the achievements of staff and opening doors to securing new contracts, a range of opportunities come from being a Dorset Business Award finalist.
Past winners have come forward to provide top tips on submitting an entry for firms considering entering.
“The most important tip in my opinion”, says Jason Gault from TeamJobs; “is to get the company involved. You will look at your business in a way you probably haven’t done before and I guarantee you will learn something that will make you a better business.”
Sam Boshier from Hamworthy Heating adds: “Plan your entry before writing. List out the main points you want to get across and how they meet the award criteria.”
Stuart Dixon, Head of Events and Marketing at Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry at Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry, organisers of the DBA, comments: “The Awards are an opportunity for businesses to benchmark their performance across all sectors and provide a chance to reinforce credibility, build profile and pursue new ventures.”
The Awards are also backed by the south’s leading radio station Wave 105 and are free to enter. Entrants can submit an entry via www.dorsetbusinessawards.co.uk and the closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday September 11. Entrants do not need to be a member of Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Shortlisted finalists will be revealed mid-October and winners will be announced at the Awards Gala Dinner which will take place at the Bournemouth International Centre on Thursday November 24. For further information about the Awards, sponsorship opportunities or to reserve tickets for the Gala Dinner please contact the DBA team on 01202 714800.