Time is running out to enter the first ever Cash for Kids Charity Awards.
With one week left to go until the entry deadline, the Wave 105 Cash for Kids team is urging local people to vote to commend those who have gone the extra mile to make a difference to the lives of disadvantaged children across the south.
The awards, which are being run in association with Snows Group, will celebrate the brightest stars in the community including charities, colleagues, carers, volunteers, parents and children.
Entries will be open until 6pm on Friday September 18. Finalists will be selected, and the 10 winners will be announced at an awards ceremony hosted by Wave 105 breakfast presenter, Steve Power, at the Ageas Bowl Hilton Hotel on Thursday October 29.
Entries are being accepted for the following categories:
• Medical Professionals of the Year, sponsored by Nuffield Health Hospital Bournemouth – This award is searching for someone who stands out in their profession for showing exceptional support for a child or children.
• Children’s charity of the Year, sponsored by Park Holidays – This category looks for a charity that delivers its objectives, works with integrity, goes the extra mile and is at the heart of the community.
• Best Parent/s of the Year, sponsored by Specsavers – The judges of this award are looking for someone who has shown unconditional support for their child/children in the face of adversity.
• Against all Odds, sponsored by Mediawise – This category is looking for a child who has battled, strived or won in the face of adversity.
• Fundraiser of the Year, sponsored by Dutton Gregory Solicitors – Looking for someone who has achieved great results for an individual charity or charities through fundraising cash or a gift in kind.
• Carer of the Year, sponsored by Bluebird Care – This award is looking for a person that has demonstrated unwavering dedication to a child or children to help them overcome their challenges.
• Volunteer of the Year, sponsored by Absolute Running – The judges are searching for a volunteer who has looked after, helped, gone above and beyond for a child or children.
• Teacher of the Year – A teacher who has helped disadvantaged children in achieving their goals (this can be a teaching assistant, teacher, lecturer, professor, SENCO etc).
• Outstanding Achievement, sponsored by Think Cars – This award is looking for a child who against all odds has excelled; this could be in the arts, sport, music, learning or any area of life.
• Child of Courage, sponsored by Alliott Wingham Chartered Accountants of Fareham – Judges will be looking for a child that has gone above and beyond.
Gloria Hill, Wave 105’s charity manager, said: “We are extremely proud to be hosting these awards to recognise the help, courage and goodwill from people all around the region. The awards also provide a place to recognise some extremely deserving local people and children who have faced great challenges and have managed overcome them, so we hope people will visit our website over these next few days to place their votes.”
Jon Brooks, Wave 105 commercial director, added: “If there is anyone that you think would fit the profile of any of these categories, we’d encourage you to take a few minutes out to go online and vote for them. Our awards ceremony will offer a chance for those selected to be recognised, thanked and acknowledged for all they do.”
The awards are free to enter.
For more information or to enter someone into the Wave 105 Cash for Kids Charity Awards please visit: http://www.wave105.com/charity/awards/