The highly anticipated, 10-screen state of the art flagship ODEON cinema at the brand new BH2 Leisure complex is now open to the public, following an exclusive gala night on Thursday 9th February.
Guests from around the country attended the anticipated gala evening and enjoyed the chance to explore the new cinema for the first time, ahead of opening. The guests were also treated to exclusive screenings of the latest must see films The LEGO Batman Movie and Hidden Figures ahead of their release.
The Mayor of Bournemouth, Cllr Edward Jesser Coope launched the proceedings with the official ribbon cutting to mark the opening. He said: “It’s great that ODEON has decided to open its flagship cinema complex here in Bournemouth, boosting local jobs and investment. I’m thrilled it’s here and the Mayoress and I are looking forward to enjoying the new facilities.”
Richard Rowe, General Manager for ODEON Bournemouth said: “It was absolutely brilliant to open the doors on our brand new ODEON, and see everyone’s reaction to the new cinema. The team involved in ODEON’s newest flagship site are extremely pleased and we now can’t wait to welcome thousands of guests through our doors in time for half term and beyond, to experience the latest and best in cinema entertainment.”
Carol Welch, Managing Director of ODEON UK and Ireland said: “We’re thrilled with the stunning new ODEON in the BH2 centre, which is our most innovative cinema in the UK. It is currently our only cinema to feature all of these great new features in one place. In ten years’ time they will be commonplace throughout the country – so we are delighted to bring them all first to our guests in Bournemouth. We have a very long and happy history here, and are very excited about the amazing experiences we’ll be creating in the decades ahead.”
The new flagship cinema will give guests the opportunity to dine on a premium food selection in the upstairs bar area and relax in indulgent reclining chairs in 8 of the 10 screens.
The new ISENSE screen offers the ultimate immersive film experience for guests, with 4K digital projectors and a Dolby Atmos sound system that uses 56 top spec speakers, each individually controlled to draw guests into the heart of the action.
Additional information on the new ODEON Bournemouth:
- The new ODEON Bournemouth launches Bargain Monday. Every Monday tickets are only £5.50 for everyone all day (excluding Bank Holidays)*
- Limitless – Our amazing membership proposition. Guests can purchase a Limitless card for only £17.99 a month allowing them to see as many films as they want as often as they like*
- Award Season: If guests see any three award films, they can see the fourth one absolutely free
- As well as a brand-new Costa Coffee in the foyer for guests to enjoy, the new cinema will continue to offer ODEON’s ever popular special screenings for guests of all different ages, with a huge selection of big screen favourites available to watch for lower prices. Screenings include:
- ODEON Silver Cinema – A series of film screenings for guests who are over-55 with tickets from £3* each including tea, coffee and biscuits before the film.
- ODEON Kids – Special screenings every Saturday, every Sunday and every day when school’s out with tickets just £2.50 each for kids and adults alike.
- ODEON Newbies – Designed only for parents and guardians and their babies these screenings feature softer volume, ever-so-slightly brighter lights and no worries about disturbing other guests.
Some of the most anticipated films to be shown in the brand-new cinema on opening weekend:
- The Lego Batman Movie
- Fifty Shades Darker
- T2: Trainspotting
Some of the most anticipated upcoming films:
- The Great Wall – 17th February
- Kong: Skull Island – 10th March
- Beauty And The Beast – 17th March
Tickets are available at: http://www.odeon.co.uk/cinemas/bournemouth_bh2/224/
The ODEON cinema on Westover Road has now closed its doors, with a final screening of La La Land. It closed its doors to the public on Thursday 9th to allow the team to get ready for the grand opening at BH2 the next day.