Drewsons Plumbing and Heating is offering Dorset businesses and householders some helpful tips on how to stay warm this winter.
Now that the temperature has noticeably dropped Richard Drewitt, managing director at The Drewitt Group which incorporates Drewsons offers some advice on how to keep your home warm this winter:
- If your boiler is more than 15 years old you should consider getting a high efficiency condensing boiler which is up to 20 per cent more efficient compared to a conventional boiler.
- Check your radiators are free of air, that there is plenty of water in the system and that the system pressure is at the correct level
- Choose a Gas Safe registered installer as they are fully trained and approved to be working on these appliances
- To help cut your energy bills, you can reduce your thermostat to between 18 and 20 degrees or install control upgrades to improve efficiency such as thermostatic radiator valves or programmable roomstats.
- Have your boiler serviced annually to prevent possible breakdowns, charges from £50 excluding parts and VAT at Drewsons.
- If you have any doubts about topping up the water in your boiler or if you suspect it to be leaking, make sure you call in a Gas Safe registered engineer who will come to your business or home and check it for you.
For more information please visit www.drewittgroup.co.uk