On Thursday October 9, the Wave 105 Cash for Kids team will take over the station’s airwaves for its annual on-air and online charity auction.
Each year a full-day of airtime is dedicated to the auction, where listeners have the opportunity to call in to place their bids every hour on many ‘money can’t buy’ prizes. In 2013, charity bidders donated almost £33,000.
The Cash for Kids team has begun securing some fantastic prizes for this year’s auction including:
– ‘Christmas lights in the West End of London’ package. The top bidder will be picked up by Bently Hampshire and driven in luxury to the Ritz, where they will enjoy a sumptuous afternoon tea before being driven home again.
– A half-day skippered Rib Ride for up to eight people, courtesy of Bembridge Powerboat training.
– A face-to-face experience with a Ring Tailed Coati, plus a family annual membership to Marwell Zoo, donated by the team at Marwell.
– Family pantomime ticket for ‘Box E’ with a meet and greet after the show at the King’s Theatre Southsea.
– A weekend hire of a Breeze Volkswagen campervan with two paddleboards from SUP Inflatables, two tickets to a wine tour and tasting from Furleigh Estate, with a bottle of Furleigh’s sparkling wine to wash it all down with.
Wave 105 Cash for Kids charity manager, Gloria Hill, said: “Every year our listeners and charity supporters are extremely generous with their bids. Activities such as this one are key for us as a charity to ensure we continue to raise vital funds for the children and adolescents that we support within the region.
“We’re always very fortunate to be given so many prizes to auction each year, so in addition to our on-air day we place many prizes online for listeners and supporters to continue bidding on. Hopefully, this year will be bigger and better than ever before!
Established in 2008, the charity supports local children across the Wave 105 listener area under the age of 18 who are financially, socially, emotionally or physically disadvantaged.
For further information, please visit: http://www.wave105.com/charity/auction/.